Qualified Practice Accountant
We are a dynamic and forward thinking Practice in Harpenden looking to grow their team with a Qualified Practice Accountant.
We have a number of Trainee Accountants and are therefore looking for a Qualified Practice Accountant to oversee the day to day support, training and management of the team, as well as managing their own portfolio.
This role is ideal for someone who has a background in Qualified Practice, either current or someone who made a move to industry but wants to return to practice.
This is a progressive opportunity in line with the firms growth plans so need someone ready to grow with the business.
We have recently moved into a large modern and cool new office space and we are looking to build our team and client numbers.
Qualified Practice Accountant Key tasks/skills are:
- Accounts production (from QB Xero trial balance to stat accounts publishing).
- Quality control (ensuring bookkeeping day to day and accounting processes are consistently applied across all clients now number 600 plus).
- Timelines – Ensure all annual quarterly and monthly filings of all taxes and statutory returns are completed well ahead of deadlines.(meaning for example VAT that is due technically 5 weeks after end of a quarter is done approved and filed with 2-3 weeks).
- Management of team (appraisals, development, discipline, sickness, return to work interviews and holidays management).
- Professional development of the team through on the job training. Q&A sessions during office hours and assisting with examination questions and practice from time.
- Generate revenue for the firm through a small portfolio of larger technical clients and activities that is measured on fee notes / invoices issued month on month.
- High attention to detail and excellent man management and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of all main accounting packages but in particular Xero.
- Ability to communicate with clients and delegate tasks where appropriate.
He or she will be fully qualified ACA or ACCA and have experience managing a team.
The practice is also happy to consider people who are QBE with relevant Qualified Practice Accountant experience. Must be highly professional and result driven! Please note this role will be full time and office based.